WASAGA BEACH - A 37-year-old man from Niagara Falls faces possession of a loaded firearm and other offences after reports of a suspicious vehicle on River Road West in Wasaga Beach on May 22.
Police say they arrived on the scene around 1 a.m. and located the vehicle with a male sleeping in the driver's seat.
As a result of the investigation, the 37-year-old was charged with:
- Trespassing at night
- Possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition
- Possession of a firearm knowing serial number has been tampered with
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Breach of recognizance
- Failure to comply with an undertaking
The accused had a bail hearing and was taken into custody, according to police. He will appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Barrie this week.