NIAGARA REGIONAL POLICE SERVICE
LINCOLN - On May 21, 8 District – Grimsby uniform officers from the Niagara Regional Police Service (NRPS) responded to a report of a residential break-and-enter in Lincoln.
The initial investigation determined that sometime between May 10 and 21, an unknown suspect entered a home through a basement window. The suspect stole a Sentry locked two feet by two feet safe. On the safe was a decorative box. Both the box and safe contained collector coins, cash, and sports collector cards. The thief also stole alcohol, frozen seafood, and a piece of Swiss Gear carry-on luggage. The value of the stolen items is believed to be more than $40,000. All stolen cards were stored in their own hard plastic card protector and in excellent condition.
Stolen collector cards include:
- Shaquille O'Neal NBA Hoops Card 1992-1993 "Magic's all-rookie team card"
- Jaromir Jagr OPC Premiere Card 1990-1991 #50
- Wayne Gretzky OPC Premiere Card 1979
- Patrick Mahomes 2017 Panini Card 2017
- Jack Hughes Young Guns 2019
- Alex Ovechkin #443 2005
- Sydney Crosby #201 Young Guns 2005
- Patrick Roy OPC 1986-1987 #53 Hillcrest
- Mario Lemieux Hillcrest 1985-1986
- Connor McDavid 2015 Young Guns #201
- Leon Draisaitl Young Guns 2014 #223
- Jason Robertson Upper Deck 2020-2021 #235
- Austin Matthews Young Guns 2016 #201
- Mitch Marner 2016 Young Guns #468
- David Pastrnak 2014-2015 Young Guns
- Joe Montana Topps 1981 #216
- Tom Brady Rookie Card 2000 Bowman #236
- 1964 Topps Colour Full Set
- 1964 Diary Series Full Set colour
Stolen collectable coins and cash:
- Canadian Silver Dollars complete set from 1950-1967 with 4 Different 1967 dollars (21 total coins)
- Eight Random Canadian Silver Dollars from 1950-1967
- Canadian Silver Dollar Maple leaf reverse 1948
- Canadian Silver Dollar Totem Pole 1958
- Canadian Silver Cameo 1958
- Canadian Quarters mixed 1950-1967 - 209 of these quarters
- Canadian $.50 coins 1950-1967 Complete series some doubles - 32 coins in total
- 2.3 ounces of broken gold from broken necklaces, bracelets and rings
- Canadian $1 Bill 1954 "Devil Faces" - three of these
- Canadian $5 Bill 1954 - three of these
- Canadian $10 Bill 1954 - two of these
- Canadian $50 Bill 1954 - two of these
- Canadian $100 Bill 1954 - one of these
- American Silver Dollar 1987 - two of these
- American "Morgan" Silver Dollars - two of these
- American Silver Dollar 1999 - one of these
The stolen cards and coins have significant sentimental value to the victim. Retail and private collectors are asked to report any recent suspicious attempted sales of collectable cards, coins or cash.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to contact the investigating officer by calling 905-688-4111, option 3, 1009588.
Members of the public who wish to provide information anonymously can contact Crime Stoppers of Niagara online or by calling 1-800-222-8477. Crime Stoppers offers cash rewards to persons who contact the program with information which leads to an arrest.