Public Health Ontario reported 627 new COVID cases today.
The latest updates noted 494 recoveries and one new death.
The Nov. 22 updates provided by the province's public health agency and the ministry of health also reported the following data:
- 5,597 active cases, up from 5,465 reported yesterday.
- 136 people are hospitalized with COVID-19, but this number is incomplete as more than 10 per cent of Ontario hospitals do not report bed census data on weekends.
- There are 111 COVID-positive patients in the ICU plus another 22 patients no longer testing positive for COVID-19.
- There are 66 COVID-positive patients on ventilators and another 12 patients on ventilators no longer testing positive for COVID.
- 11,208,667 Ontarians (about 75 per cent of the total population) have been fully vaccinated. 88 per cent of eligible Ontarians have at least one dose of vaccine.
- Among the new cases reported today were 282 unvaccinated, 23 partially vaccinated, and 286 fully vaccinated individuals. 36 cases were reported with vaccination status unknown.
- Vaccination status for hospitalized COVID patients is not updated on Sunday or Monday.
- The seven-day average incidence rate by vaccination status is 9.8 cases per 100,000 unvaccinated people, 4.6 cases per 100,000 partially vaccinated people, and 2.4 cases per 100,000 fully vaccinated people.
- The province reported 19,552 tests were processed yesterday, resulting in a 3.4 per cent positivity rate.
- Of the new cases reported today, 92 are from Toronto, 53 are from Peel, 53 are from Simcoe-Muskoka, and 38 are from York Region.
- Today's new cases include 132 individuals under 12 years old, 38 youth between 12 and 19 years old, 194 people between 20 and 39 years old, 165 people between 40 and 59 years old, 88 people between 60 and 79 years old, and 12 people over 79 years old.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 612,318 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 596,753 recoveries and 9,968 deaths.
Since the start of the pandemic, 31,102 people have been hospitalized with COVID and 6,117 of them were in intensive care units.
The cumulative average incidence rate in the province is 4,155.8 cases per 100,000 people in Ontario.
Ontario's average weekly incidence rate last week was 30 cases per 100,000 people, which is up by 12.8 per cent compared to the week of Nov. 6.
For more on the province's breakdown of vaccination status, click here.