Share this profile:
Henderson’s Pharmacy has been family owned since 1939. The store itself has been a drugstore for over 130 years. The building was built in 1872 and has since been designated by the City of Thorold as being a Heritage Building. When built in 1872, the building was purchased by William MacCartney, who sold drugs, toys, fancy goods and steamship tickets. The building remained in the MacCartney family until 1939, when it was bought by Edward Henderson. John Henderson, the current owner has worked at the store as a pharmacist since the death of his father Edward in 1984.