NIAGARA REGIONAL POLICE SERVICE
In an effort to bring further attention and deterrence to driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs, the Niagara Regional Police Service will be reporting the names of those people who are charged with an alleged criminal impaired driving offence in the Region.
In addition to being charged, these individuals are also bound by a Ministry of Transportation 90-day Administrative Driver's Licence Suspension and are prohibited from operating a motor vehicle on a roadway. The public is encouraged to contact the Niagara Regional Police Service Traffic Safety Hotline or Crime Stoppers to report those who are driving in contravention of the suspension.
The following individuals have been charged criminally with impaired driving by alcohol or drugs, driving with a blood alcohol concentration of 80 mgs or above of alcohol in 100 ml of blood, or refusing to provide a breath / blood sample.
- Cameron Merkus, 26yrs, Welland
- Ryan R. Adams, 41yrs, St. Catharines
- John M. Grace, 75yrs, Port Colborne
- David J. Henry, 54yrs, St. Catharines
- Richard K. Wright, 54yrs, Fort Erie
- Corey M. Adams, 33yrs, Port Colborne
- Jason M. Frost, 31yrs, Niagara Falls
- Kody W. Crandell, 30yrs, Port Colborne
- Brianna L. Whitehead, 24yrs, Cheektowaga, NY
- Erica M. Zelman, 33yrs, Buffalo, NY
- Michael E. Wright, 43yrs, Fort Erie
- Timothy J. Jenkins, 62yrs, Niagara Falls
- Mackenzie A. Karkheck, 35yrs, Niagara Falls
- Alberto N. Ejercito, 55yrs, St. Catharines
- Thomas P. Ness, 38yrs, Lincoln
- Manuel J. Da Costa-Ferreira, 58yrs, York
- Alan K. Mason, 29yrs, Brampton
The Niagara Regional Police Service is committed to reducing impaired driving offences through education and the apprehension of offenders through enforcement programs like R.I.D.E. Impaired driving is still the leading cause of criminal deaths in Canada and affects thousands of lives every year.