Public Health Ontario reported 304 new COVID cases today.
The latest updates noted 537 recoveries and four new deaths that occurred in the last month.
The Oct. 20 updates provided by the province's public health agency and the ministry of health also reported the following data:
- 3,435 active, lab-confirmed cases, down from 3,672 yesterday.
- 258 people are hospitalized with COVID-19.
- There are 132 COVID-positive patients in the ICU plus another 27 patients no longer testing positive for COVID-19.
- There are 92 COVID-positive patients on ventilators and another 21 patients on ventilators no longer testing positive for COVID.
- 10,868,680 Ontarians (about 73 per cent of the total population) have been fully vaccinated. 88 per cent of eligible Ontarians have at least one dose of vaccine.
- Among the new cases reported today were 198 unvaccinated people (including under 12 years old), 10 partially vaccinated people, and 84 fully vaccinated people. 12 cases were listed with the vaccination status unknown.
- The seven-day average incidence rate by vaccination status is 6.6 cases per 100,000 unvaccinated people, 2.6 cases per 100,000 partially vaccinated people, and 1.2 cases per 100,000 fully vaccinated people.
- There are 76 unvaccinated, six partially vaccinated, and 23 fully vaccinated individuals in the ICU with COVID-19.
There are 113 unvaccinated, 10 partially vaccinated, and 31 fully vaccinated individuals hospitalized but not in the ICU with COVID-19.
- The province reported 31,569 tests were processed yesterday, resulting in a 1.3 per cent positivity rate.
- Of the new cases reported today, 46 are from Toronto, 13 are from Peel, 16 are from Simcoe-Muskoka, and 22 are from York Region.
- Today's new cases include 59 individuals under 12 years old, 24 youth between 12 and 19 years old, 109 people between 20 and 39 years old, 84 people between 40 and 59 years old, 25 people between 60 and 79 years old, and three people over 79 years old.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 595,867 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 582,609 recoveries and 9,823 deaths.
Since the start of the pandemic, 30,362 people have been hospitalized with COVID and 5,944 of them were in intensive care units.
The cumulative average incidence rate in the province is 4,044.2 cases per 100,000 people in Ontario.
Ontario's average weekly incidence rate last week was 19.7 cases per 100,000 people, which is down by 21.2 per cent compared to the week of Oct. 4.
For more on the province's breakdown of vaccination status, click here.